The main purpose of the meeting is to discuss a personnel matter in executive session.
Other items on the agenda include a resolution to schedule the date of an election to fill the vacated seat of Bunkie School Board member Liz Ned.
Ned was removed from the seat after it was discovered she did not live in the same district where she had been re-elected. She had already served four years in the wrong district in the previous term.
Also, the board will request permission to advertise for professional services for Hazard Mitigation grant for the retro-fit of the Marksville High School gymnasium.
Committee meetings are also scheduled this week:
The bus committee will meet Wednesday at 5p.m., with one item on their agenda:
1. Discuss bus drivers who drive to a second job.
The building and lands committee agenda (meets Tuesday at 4:30p.m.:
1. Consideration of granting an easement on end of Wall Street in Marksville to access property. (Mr. Steve Marcotte - Mr. Alton Coco)
2. Consideration of a proposal from Mr. Howard Desselle regarding the construction of one high school in the parish.
3. Request for permission to enter into an intergovernmental agreement between the Avoyelles Parish School Board and the Louisiana Technical College (Adult Education Services). (Superintendent Dwayne Lemoine)
4. Discussion on intergovernmental agreement between Avoyelles Parish Police Jury and A voyelles Parish School Board regarding use of Mansura Middle School facility to house health unit temporarily until renovations are completed (approximately six months) (Mr. Steve Marcotte)
5. Discussion on an intergovernmental agreement between the A voyelles Parish School Board and Village of Hessmer. (Mr. Steve Marcotte)
EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, January 26, 2011, 5:30 p.m.
1. Recognition of Maggie Mury, Casey Foret, and Ginger Gremillion, teachers at Riverside Elementary School, who have received QSM grants. (Superintendent Lemoine
2. Review of Attendance policy. (Mr. James Gauthier)
3. Student of the Month policy, including rewards. (Mr. James Gauthier)